Tuesday, December 15, 2009

updates on my life

A lot of things have gone on since my last serious post (before Thanksgiving), so here's a little catch up.

Thanksgiving was everything I was hoping it would be, and since I had been looking forward to it since FOREVER, it had a lot to live up to. I got a chance to see my family and friends, relax, and eat some amazing food. Some of the highlights:

My uncle burnt the sweet potatoes, which resulted in a hilarious two minutes of everyone panicking in the kitchen.


My dad and I made this killer chocolate pie.


I kicked everyone's butt at Apples to Apples (what what?!).

Plus, it gave me the chance to bake a pumpkin pie for the first time in my life, which I've been dreaming of for a while. It was without a doubt the best pumpkin pie I have ever tasted. This is not a joke. What made it so good? Toasted walnuts on the bottom layer, cream cheese mixed with the pumpkin, and cute leaves that I designed myself, with my dad's help. Take that Martha Stewart! Here's the recipe if you want to try it out.







And a couple of weeks ago, I got to go to San Diego to see my lovely friend Amanda who I haven't seen since Spain.



And here I am, almost done with the semester and taking care of some holiday business before I go home. It's flown by, as usual, and I can only thank God that I've gotten through it. On to make some Christmas goodies (coming soon)!

No comments:

Post a Comment